Tuesday, January 22, 2013

That Winter, The Wind Blows Releases a Behind the Scenes Special



See, I do wander out of the Bu Bu Jing Xin world sometimes (though rest assured, I’ll be back soon enough). Korean drama That Winter, The Wind Blows starring hotness incarnated Jo In Sung and the lovely Song Hye Kyo is set to premier February 13th on SBS, who had just release a Behind the Scenes Special in order increase anticipation for the drama. Now, I’ve been in a K-drama slump for a while, with the last one that I watched from beginning to end being Answer Me 1997. None of the current airing dramas caught my attention, though I heard raves reviews on School 2013 so I’ll probably watch it later. I guess that, due to the Bu Bu Jing Xin effect, I’m in the mood for something angsty (like I’ve said, I’m a masochist). That Winter, The Wind Blows fits the bill perfectly. It features messed up people, lies, forbidden love, and lots of crying. I absolutely love Jo In Sung. He is one of those actors who I don’t think is handsome in the classic sense but have such intense on screen charisma that he just pulls you right in. When I first watched
What Happened in Bali, my initial impression of him wasn’t all that great, though mostly due the character he played. But about midway through, I did a complete 180. Man, could the guy cry! You can’t help but feel sorry for him. Compared to So Ji Sub’s completely dead expression, Jo In Sung stood out even more. (To So Ji Sub’s fans, I love him too but he looked like a zombie for the majority of that drama. He did, however, improve and is much better at emoting with his eyes now). As for Song Hye Kyo... eh. I don’t think she’s an excellent actress nor do I think she is terrible. I find that I enjoy her chemistry with her leading man more than I do her acting itself. Which is fine, because I’m hoping she and Jo In Sung will lit my screen on fire.  Rounding up the cast are Kim Bum and Jung Eun Ji. I love Kim Bum and thought that he and Lee Minho were the best things to come out of the horrendous Boys Over Flowers. His performances in The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry and Padam Padam proved him to be a competent and versatile actor. Hopefully he will get his chance as a leading man soon, though playing second lead to Jo In Sung isn’t that bad. I'm also hoping that this bromance will also lit my screen on fire. I adore Jung Eun Ji and loved her role in Answer Me, so having her as the second female lead is another plus to me.
From the videos, the four leads have wonderful chemistry together. Jo In Sung seems to be the proactive one in getting to know his costars. And the little girl is adorable. Look at how they’re all trying not to laugh and failing J

Seeing Jo In Sung’s past works just reminded me of what an amazing actor this guy is. I mean, how could you be so cute and so angsty at the same time?

I have to say, I’m not too impression with Song Hye Kyo’s performance here. She’s yelling but I’m not exactly feeling the emotions from her. On the other hand, I’m glad to see more of our second leads.

Of course they would put romantic music over a nice but innocent gesture. Oh, K-dramaland. I’m surprised that articles about the two of them dating hadn't already came out. Is it kind of ironic that Moon Geun Young got featured in this video when the drama is supposed to be a remake of her movie Love Me Not? No? Just me? Alright, then.

Some more stills





1 comment: